1996-04-14 - Re: Digital Cash Escrow

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5cc18e9979f8df2c30058c8e26d469c468f446305f6d8cc4ca96982aeaa7e14b
Message ID: <m0u8KXA-0008yyC@pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 17:24:25 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 17:24:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Digital Cash Escrow

At 08:51 PM 4/11/96 -0400, Jean-Francois Avon wrote:

>Does anyone, especially in Canada, ever noticed that them or their local net
>friends had their snail mail opened?
>
>A friend of mine has his regularly opened; he complained to Canada Post
>three times, but it stills goes on AFAIK.  He is pissed off at me, convinced
>that the forwarding of Jim Bell's AP related articles is what justified the
>mail opening.  Actually, he does not even reply to my e-mails anymore.
>We used to be great friends...
>Neither of us ever engaged in any subversive activities or are involved in
>illegal actions.
It seems that FUD got him.  ...sigh...

It does sound like the guy is overreacting a bit.  However, I don't know
much about Quebec politics; with that close vote recently on separation,
perhaps they are getting nervous about things. Is he in Quebec?

I can say, however, that I've never gotten any kind of "official" feedback
on the subject, not that I really expect it.  I've gotten a few inquiries
which on the surface appear to be innocuous, but which I suspect have hidden
motives.  This could be a little hidden official research, or maybe just
self-motivated individuals trying to do a "good deed."  It doesn't matter;
my idea doesn't need any secrets in order to be successful.

Thread