1996-04-11 - Digital Cash Escrow

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 69aa1754c26374d3950aca9e5d55c0ade4e0f224d155c8160703c57a3bbd6647
Message ID: <ad91bd700a02100484a7@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:08:29 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:08:29 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Digital Cash Escrow

At 10:14 PM 4/10/96, Bill Stewart wrote:

>Of course, if you happen to become dead while you're storing it,
>the paper cash is far more useful to your heirs, so I assume we'll have
>a government-sponsored cash-escrow system announced soon to protect
>the government's interest in collection of inheritance taxes...

Don't give them ideas, Bill! They are known to monitor our list for
insights into what to regulate next, and I can see the 15-watt lightbulbs
going on over their heads as they ponder the wonderful opportunities
presented by "digital cash escrow."

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!