1996-04-11 - Scientology harassing anon.penet.fi again!

Header Data

From: mirele@xmission.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8832204669aab66ba76da507d1bd96115aebe1b79305a20f66ce9303acafa13b
Message ID: <199604101848.MAA11645@xmission.xmission.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:31:25 +0800

Raw message

From: mirele@xmission.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:31:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Scientology harassing anon.penet.fi again!

forwarded from rnewman@cybercom.net (Ron Newman):

Here's what Grady said to me in several messages.  Note that
they seem to be after anon.penet.fi again too.

(He has given me blanket permission to distribute his e-mail to me to
 anyone who may find it of use.)

-------
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 1996 08:52:38 -0800
To: rnewman@cybercom.net (Ron Newman)
From: Grady Ward <grady@northcoast.com>

I've just received e-mail from:

kaj.malmberg@mallu.pp.fi (Kaj Malmberg)

The Poilice CID in Helsinki who is being pushed by the criminal cult yet
again to get a search warrant for Julf's anonymous remailer, claiming I
have been violating my injunction to post cult crap.

I told him that as usual the criminal cult is lying and that I gave him
and Julf explicit permission to investigate any or all of my posts I have
ever made through the remailer.

The criminal cult is trying to use the fact of my injunction to further
their own conspiracy theories.  South Africa, Finland, where does it end?

Grady

-------------
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 07:41:25 -0800
To: rnewman@cybercom.net (Ron Newman)
From: Grady Ward <grady@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: Kaj Malmberg, Finland

At 10:11 AM 4/5/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Why did you give them this permission?  I think it sets a VERY bad
>precedent.  Chris Schafmeister was upset when I mentioned this
>on the IRC channel yesterday afternoon -- he thinks you're being
>too nice, polite, and cooperative for your own good.

I like to err on the side of openness. Each to their own I suppose.
Basically I trust Kaj to sense who is the criminal perpetrator in this
case. I also sent him the set of trial stipulations in the Snow White case
that ought to give him very interesting background on the criminal cult.

>In my opinion, Julf and the Finnish cop should Just Say No
>to the CoS.

He is still free to do as he wishes.

------------
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 14:16:32 -0700
To: Ron Newman <rnewman@cybercom.net>
From: Grady Ward <grady@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: a few more questions

No one was with me.

Total hours day one: 7.5
Total hours day two: 3.25 hours, as per order of Judge Infante. Also I
believe all american anonymous remailers will be subpoenaed for their
records as will all my ISPs, and contents of safety deposit box held as
evidence.

--------
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 19:37:57 -0700
To: Ron Newman <rnewman@cybercom.net>
From: Grady Ward <grady@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: what is the latest regarding penet?

I don't know what's up today, but Julf wrote yesterday
to tell me that my id grady@northcoast.com had NOT
been used to go through his remailer.

No word on what the police are doing to subpoena his system,
if they are.

Grady

--------------
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 22:57:26 -0700
To: rnewman@cybercom.net (Ron Newman)
From: Grady Ward <grady@northcoast.com>

That is all he told me: that he could verify to authorities
that grady@northcoast.com had not used his remailer.

He didn;t mention anyone else or how he was helping the CID
with their inquiries.  Yes, you can put this datum on the web.

At 01:52 AM 4/10/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Was something else used to go through his remailer?
>
>Has he said anything in public about this?
>
>Should I post your message about it on my web site?

Grady Ward           |                   |
http://www.northcoast.com/~grady +1 707 826 7715      |

(voice/24hr FAX)     | 34877c8566839cb7  |
grady@northcoast.com | aeab8ec5e5ee97fe  |

--
Ron Newman             rnewman@cybercom.net
Web: http://www.cybercom.net/~rnewman/home.html