1996-04-13 - InfoWarCon: Call for Papers (Sept in Wash DC)

Header Data

From: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9f517a90180e64efa8cb863489fafedef736d4b2bf0c8c575ef516528ca8afc7
Message ID: <199604130904.CAA03604@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 23:25:37 +0800

Raw message

From: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 23:25:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: InfoWarCon: Call for Papers (Sept in Wash DC)

Here's our chance to talk with, learn from, and educate the folks who
are pushing the concept of information warfare and seeing where it
goes.  The conference itself costs $1000 to attend, but I bet it's
free to speakers.  So dig out some related concept you've been wanting
to pin down on paper, write it up, and send it in.  It'd be pretty
silly to run or defend against an InfoWar without the cypherpunks, so
let's introduce ourselves before the hostilities begin.  I've got a
paper in mind...

	John

Excerpted from http://www.ncsa.com/iwpaper.html.  Note that this "NCSA"
is the National Computer Security Association, not the guys who wrote
"NCSA Telnet".

Fifth International Information Warfare Conference
"Dominating the Battlefields of Business and War
Sept 5-6, 1996, Washington, DC

Call for Papers

We are seeking forward thinking papers, demonstrations and interactive
concepts for presentation to an audience of 1000+ attendees;
representing civilian and military from more than 20 countries, all
branches of the US Government and the top US corporations.

The papers should offer new perspectives, attitudes, studies, and
technologies that can be used for the advancement of the field. You
are free to submit on any subject matter, including, but not limited
to:

<UL>
<LI> Battlefield Dominance
<LI> Industrial Espionage
<LI> Military Perspectives
<LI> Policy Quagmires
<LI> Personal Privacy
<LI> Denial of Service
<LI> Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
<LI> Threats to Global Electronic Commerce
<LI> Anonymous International Bankings
<LI> The convergence of the commercial and the military in the
     Post Cold War World
<LI> InfoWar Technologies
<LI> Case Studies
<LI> Your thoughts and ideas
</UL>

Please submit your 1-2 page concept white papers NO LATER than Sunday,
May 5, 1996.  The evaluation committee will let you know the results
by Wednesday, May 15, 1996.  We will need your complete submission no
later than Monday, July 15, 1996.

Send your papers to Betty@Infowar.Com.

InfoWar Conference
&copy Copyright, 1995, NCSA &#174.</H5>