1996-04-11 - Know Your Net.Enemies Project

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a3a2f95205a576a6d2e32a498a45252090d7715c53b2e1a7c119b1ef8618dff5
Message ID: <ElP83e200YUvQ2hGt5@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960410225933.2006A-100000@kolo.isr.umd.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-11 17:34:59 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 01:34:59 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 01:34:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Know Your Net.Enemies Project

Would anyone be interested in collaborating on a "Know Your Net Enemies"
project?

We'd start with a resource like Bob Chatelle's excellent web pages at
<http://world.std.com/~kip/bcfenatl.html> and with permission build on
it and list the deceptions and misrepresentations each Net-Enemy has
engaged in -- what each has done to restrict liberty online. We'd
include original documents and links as appropriate.

Who would be listed? Well, there's the family values groups
[AFA/CC/NLC/EE!/FOF/FRC], the green card spammers, Carnegie Mellon
University, Marty Rimm, the Church of Scientology, the Simon Wiesenthal
Center, the NSA, German state prosecutors, Senator Exon, Dorothy
Denning, and so on.

If each collaborator takes a particular group or person, this could be
done relatively quickly. Then we'd put it online at EFF's web site, with
prominent treatment. All contributors would receive full credit for
their work, of course.

Anyone interested? This would be a great resource.

-Declan

Thread