1996-04-13 - Re: Answer about bits and bytes

Header Data

From: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
To: “Dr. Dimitri Vulis” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: d7051b49c5adaa43f3a0c8f881298152baaa7e1bf5f616f1f1699e7d54bf88a8
Message ID: <Pine.OSF.3.91.960413012249.6873A-100000@beall.tenet.edu>
Reply To: <kTuamD31w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-13 09:13:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 17:13:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 17:13:12 +0800
To: "Dr. Dimitri Vulis" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Answer about bits and bytes

Just a note, Jim's attribution dates seem to be older than yours. Not
that it matters a whole hill of beans.

Dan

P.S. DEC referred to memory size on the 11 series prior to the 11/70  in
16 bit words, not 8 bit bytes.

Thread