1996-04-15 - Re: RC4 licensening

Header Data

From: Tim Dierks <timd@consensus.com>
To: Jack Mott <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e0f6fda3cc30e5b15ab8237039229292b975901143fe20dff6ea198f13875dfa
Message ID: <v02140b00ad977b97b135@[205.149.165.24]>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 18:34:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim Dierks <timd@consensus.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 18:34:04 +0800
To: Jack Mott <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: RC4 licensening

At 6:08 PM 4/14/96, Jack Mott wrote:
>    Anyone know how much it costs to license RC4 or how RSA has been
>handling the whole situation?

If, for whatever reason, you decide to license RC4 from RSA, you have two
Consensus Development, which will soon be available with an RC4/RC2
implementation. Costs vary.

It's my understanding that RSA has threatened legal action against anyone
shipping RC4 without a license, but I don't know of any lawsuits that have
been filed.

 - Tim Dierks

Disclaimer: I am an employee of Consensus Development.

Tim Dierks  --  timd@consensus.com  --  www.consensus.com
Head of Thing-u-ma-jig Engineering, Consensus Development

Thread