1996-04-24 - Re: Nazis on the Net

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: tallpaul@pipeline.com
Message Hash: f68646f44775d239cc9d6ab318c517cab4ef52a7c88bd61ee27af5ef71ed6906
Message ID: <01I3X4VRLZJ08Y50EU@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: tallpaul@pipeline.com
Subject: Re: Nazis on the Net

From:	IN%"tallpaul@pipeline.com" 24-APR-1996 00:24:46.89

>> It would
>>have been better if the atomic bomb had been ready in time to use against
>>Germany and Stalinist Russia.

>It was ready "in time" to use against "Stalinist Russia" (which, BTW, was
>Stalinist "Soviet Union,").

     It was not ready to use against the USSR/Russia (as should probably be
evident from current nationalist movements in the non-Russian portions of the
USSR, Russia tended to dominate that union) before the USSR was an ally of the
United States. (I refer you to the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact between the USSR and
Nazi Germany.) After the war, they were still tied by various agreements; by
the time that it became obvious that Russia had broken those agreements, it
had nuclear weapons and an attack would have been suicidal.
     -Allen

Thread