1996-05-03 - Re: Sen. Patrick Leahy’s PGP key now avail.

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 0251ceb30e29af68e898eb9fc3bdbea98076144a34442bdb21f049c4410e67fb
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960503043120.23243A-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <adaef7221f0210045c56@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-03 15:17:00 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 23:17:00 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 23:17:00 +0800
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Sen. Patrick Leahy's PGP key now avail.

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 5:06 AM 5/3/96, Bill Stewart wrote:

> I'd say it's 99.95% likely that the PGP key was generated by a staffer--the
> resident e-mail geek--and that only staffers know how to use PGP. (In fact,
> probably only the one staffer who generated the key and knows the
> passphrase....)

While I believe this correct, it's worth noting that Leahy is fairly
"into" the technology.  He finds it entertaining and "fun."  All of this
mostly thanks to his one time counsel John Podesta.  Thanks Mr. Podesta!

He's one of the more interested congress critters.

> So, what is accomplished except "feel good" thoughts?

Admittedly, not much.  I'm at least pleased he has a decently on the ball
staff however who can tell him what the issues are.

> --Tim May
>
> Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!
> We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, we know that that ain't allowed.
> ---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:----
> Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> tcmay@got.net  408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> Licensed Ontologist         | black markets, collapse of governments.
> "National borders aren't even speed bumps on the information superhighway."

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn@schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread