1996-05-05 - Re: Money Laundering Conference with Government Types

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Message Hash: 0707df5839a7c7ab105f9ae550698892e8d53831d5f26a09ce2b4c3b8a463793
Message ID: <m0uG9Po-00095iC@pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 07:44:13 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 07:44:13 +0800
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Subject: Re: Money Laundering Conference with Government Types

At 01:15 PM 5/5/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:
>On Sat, 4 May 1996, jim bell wrote:

>> >   Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture are critical consequences for
>> >   the banks, attorneys, securities dealers and corporations, both
>> >   domestic and international, who may be inadvertently in
>> >   non-compliance. _Our program will give you:_
>>
>> I wonder how long it's going to take before these "money-launderers" learn
>> that by taking, say, 10% of the amount of money they launder in one year,
>> they can eliminate the people trying to stop them.  Forever.
>
>Been done.  See e.g., Pablo Escobar.

Nah, what happened to Escobar was a business falling-out.  His business partners, the thugs in the US and Colombian governments, provided the illegality of drugs, a necessary element in keeping profits up.  Escobar provided the drug trafficking, a necessary element in keeping thug...er...police employment high.  It was a great system; worked for years and is still generally operational.  Escobar must have done something to upset the arrangement, like refusing to pay off his handlers or maybe going out of business, etc.

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread