1996-05-26 - Re: PILATE SAYETH UNTO HIM… (fwd)

Header Data

From: jamesd@echeque.com
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0c6e787f13112f74ec7595b1dcccff3caf55b932315ec032387710cd22fe86f5
Message ID: <199605251909.MAA01818@dns2.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 06:36:13 +0800

Raw message

From: jamesd@echeque.com
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 06:36:13 +0800
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PILATE SAYETH UNTO HIM... (fwd)

At 11:39 AM 5/24/96 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
>If there was an absolute Truth as you postulate the results would
>be many and varied. For instance,
>
>1.  If the Truth were absolute everyone would have to accept it as such
>    even if they disagreed or said it wasn't the Truth,

Only if they were infallible.

>2.  What is the litmus test for ultimate Truth? How do you tell it from
>    regular truth? How do you tell it from a lie? From the Lie?

The usual methods.

>3.  If there were a ultimate Truth then this implies that it is possible
>    to have a system which can fully describe itself.

This is an argument against divinity, not an argument that the truth does
not exist out there in the world and pretty well knowable most of the time.

All your arguments are just variants of the claim "Subjectivism must be
true because it must be true", which is obviously self contradictory

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread