1996-05-04 - Re: Dole Backs Crypto Export

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
To: jya@pipeline.com
Message Hash: 0ca6b3e0a25fce7ceeceb8129c7af7f05e390d3cea6b0f930307a57c03e07ea6
Message ID: <199605040139.UAA23812@homeport.org>
Reply To: <199605031309.JAA16482@pipe2.nyc.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-04 07:24:01 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 15:24:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 15:24:01 +0800
To: jya@pipeline.com
Subject: Re: Dole Backs Crypto Export

If Dole proves this isn't Clintonesque pandering by getting the bill
through as Senate Majority Leader, I'll hold my nose and vote for him
for President.

Adam

jya@pipeline.com wrote:
|    Financial Times, May 3, 1996, p. 7.
|    Dole backs removal of software export ban
|    By Louise Kehoe in San Francisco
|
|    Senator Bob Dole, the presumptive Republican presidential
|    candidate, yesterday threw his support behind proposed
|    legislation to remove US export restrictions on computer
|    software used to encode Internet messages.

|    For Senator Dole, the encryption bill provides an
|    opportunity to seek support from Silicon Valley high-tech
|    leaders many of whom backed Mr Bill Clinton in 1992, and to
|    boost his election campaign efforts in California.

					               -Hume

Thread