1996-05-20 - Re: Virtual machines?

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Dave Harman)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 13c828c16ce231ee8ab04d384d3033d21c3f6c46cc47e92f827db85a93edb7a2
Message ID: <199605200932.CAA23030@netcom23.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9605200344.AA02438@cti02.citenet.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-20 13:53:40 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 21:53:40 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Dave Harman)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 21:53:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Virtual machines?

! Hi.
!
! Pardon my ignorance, but I had a few questions haunting me since a
! while.
!
! Is there a way to have a remailer de-localize itself and relocalize
! itself over the internet?
!
! For example, could there be several machines around the worlds that,
! when you send an e-mail to it, is routed to differents physical
! places of the world depending on where the actual remailer process is
! actually running?  Could there be such a thing as a virtual machine
! runing a remailer that gets to hop from physical machine to physical
! machine around the world?
!
! Just an idea to avoid jurisdiction problems.

This is just what crypto remailers do.
Public key encryption with To: 's encrypted at each hop threading through several servors.
This is why we need 1,000 servors created quickly,
throughout the far corners of the internet,
to make it a safer,
as far as liability is concerned,
to admin them.

The last full featured remailer servor closes this May 20.
Qut

Thread