1996-05-07 - Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: jk@stallion.ee
Message Hash: 23da2ce2832699ecf52b7137b4ac8db12acb4c05e05f88b066277833911da735
Message ID: <01I4E344DD6S8Y583T@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 12:07:49 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 12:07:49 +0800
To: jk@stallion.ee
Subject: Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

From:	IN%"jk@stallion.ee"  "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCri_Kaljundi?="  5-MAY-1996 11:47:15.29

>Here in Estonia there was a proposal made in the parliament to remove
>taxation on corporate income (right now there is a proportional corporate
>income tax of 26%), which should bring more foreign investments into
>Estonia and also make Estonian economy develop faster. Estonia I think is
>one of few countries where there is a possibility of accepting this kind
>of law. Of course European countries, USA and different international
>financial organisations are very against this kind of law. This law would
>apply both to companies and to self-employed private persons (farmers for
>example).

	Let me guess the reason for the objection... it would make siting
an offshore-type company in Estonia to avoid taxes possible.
	-Allen

Thread