1996-05-24 - Attacks on remailers

Header Data

From: herodotus@alpha.c2.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2dfd8f97942a5ff78cb9b0cf14efa6d768b620df686b291ef18eaa7db38a7033
Message ID: <199605240137.SAA28344@infinity.c2.org>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:03:24 +0800

Raw message

From: herodotus@alpha.c2.org
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:03:24 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Attacks on remailers

The current discussion on the future of remailers seems to have been
ignited by two events: the closure of the Hacktic remailer and the FBI's
contacting an operator about a threatening message sent through his
remailer.  We have, however, almost no actual information about the
two incidents, especially the type of threats, if any, made against the
operators of the two remailers.

This lack of information makes it difficult for others interested in
remailers to make informed decisions about their future.  We need
more specific information about these two incidents.

--
Herodotus <herodotus@alpha.c2.org>

Thread