1996-05-01 - Re: Former CIA Director and Strategic Investment Editor

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3e54172560961d6b23e70f9a7269a44cef995b9268f978f43a5d3e97f18921f4
Message ID: <wu68mD278w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960430164418.614B-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-01 06:55:27 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 14:55:27 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 14:55:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Former CIA Director and *Strategic Investment* Editor

Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li> writes:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, jim bell wrote:

> > >Jim, I don't find dumb jokes about dead people I liked particularly funny.
> >
> > Aren't you making an assumption that Colby is dead?  No body has been found
> > last I heard.   Maybe he just decided that he wanted to disappear in a
> > comparatively non-suspicious fashion?
>
> Having met Colby and being somewhat familiar with his political skills I
> would be surprised if he would ever think a drowning accident was
> "non-suspicious."
>
> William Colby, whatever anyone may think of intelligence, was quite a man,
> respected in the community, a major in the OSS and a World War II hero
> decorated 5 times.  His like are not common.
>
> I hope he is found alive and well.

Having met Colby, I found him a very remarkable person, and also very pleasant.
Unfortunately, I believe he's dead.  R.I.P.

---

Dr. Dimitri Vulis