1996-05-17 - Re: Securing CDROM from piracy

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Vipul Ved Prakash <vipul@pobox.com>
Message Hash: 4c4a4f4206b3f9402e6b8c88c06c4f31ed6dcb70f8701b017c063fb33b129816
Message ID: <199605152256.SAA03246@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199605142323.EAA00118@fountainhead.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-17 20:05:08 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 04:05:08 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 04:05:08 +0800
To: Vipul Ved Prakash <vipul@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Securing CDROM from piracy

Vipul Ved Prakash writes:
> We have developed a multimedia resource that will be cut on a CD-ROM for
> retailling. Since we don't have our own distributers newtwork we will be
> collobarating with another firm for distribution. Is there any way of making
> sure that the guy doesnt pull a fast on on us? Can we ensure that he cannot
> duplicate the thing and start selling it without sharing the profit.

Since he can read the CD, he can duplicate it.

I will point out anyone buying a CD can do the same thing.

> Or alternatively is there any protocol we could follow that will
> ensure a fair game?

I can't think of how...

Perry

Thread