1996-05-11 - Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Message Hash: 4d7f9c45b2b99b0382ab4b9ed0c64efbdb41d21e73acdd1496e5aa6f525b30c4
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960510184531.0073678c@popserver.panix.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 11:05:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 11:05:07 +0800
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Subject: Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

At 01:32 PM 5/9/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:
>>     >> By the way, are there any PGP encrypted mailing lists for
>>     >> discussing serious tax fraud?
>>
>>     > If such a list existed, would we tell an anonymous poster/fed?
>>
>> Well, if such a list does exist, I would like to know about it.
>>
>> -Robin
>>

>Again, in the absence of any credentials or recommendation, I can't see
>how the moderators/originators/managers of such a list would disclose the
>details of its publication.

Such a list could be published openly in any case since discussing
techniques of tax fraud is legal.  Even advocay would be legal in almost all
cases.  (Since tax fraud is a non-violent crime, you don't have any of these
'agitating an angry mob' scenarios.)  As long as you avoided conspiring with
anyone, you can discuss techniques all you like.  Some *participants* might
like to subscribe anonymously however.

DCF

Thread