1996-05-25 - Re: Announcing CryptaPix 1.0

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4e7b5bb63700e0e310c35dd75d3001216eb56dd42b7d47650d21cdbcb7fb074b
Message ID: <199605250414.VAA03308@mail.pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 16:52:16 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 16:52:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Announcing CryptaPix 1.0

At 01:20 PM 5/24/96 CDT, Daniel R. Oelke wrote:

>>            NEW GRAPHICS VIEWER FOR WINDOWS RELEASED
>
>> What sets CryptaPix apart from ordinary viewers is its secure
>> encryption feature utilizing the same technology found in Puffer
>> 2.0. The encryption feature prevents unauthorized use of your
>> personal image collection by requiring a password for access.
>> Images are decrypted directly into memory for viewing.  A secure
>> wipe feature will permanently remove unwanted images from your
>> disk drive.
>>
>[...more stuff deleted...]
>
>Expect to be hearing about this being a problem
>with some child porn case real soon now... <sigh>
>
>However - I can see this becoming VERY popular with the
>teenage crowd wanting to keep mom & dad out of their stash ;-)
>
>That being said - Thumbs up to Kent for another crypto program
>that pushes the "genie" even farther out of the bottle.

What they ought to do is to "stegofy" this system by binding a picture with
a lower-quality, non-suspicious picture which can be brought up with a
"duress code."

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread