1996-05-07 - Re: PGP and Pine?

Header Data

From: Raph Levien <raph@cs.berkeley.edu>
To: Jüri_Kaljundi <jk@stallion.ee>
Message Hash: 57915f66db70703ab13f7ac977a3bcedccff89cb2c57ef9582be18ee275cc7ec
Message ID: <318E2988.6EB26FF6@cs.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960505222505.24544G-100000@bud.indirect.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-07 02:21:34 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 10:21:34 +0800

Raw message

From: Raph Levien <raph@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 10:21:34 +0800
To: Jüri_Kaljundi <jk@stallion.ee>
Subject: Re: PGP and Pine?

Jüri_Kaljundi wrote:

>  Sun, 5 May 1996, Dan McGuirk wrote:
>
> > I haven't found one, but according to the Pine developers, PGP support is
> > going to be included in the next version (3.92).
>
> Well the current version is 3.93 already, 3.92 was released long time ago.
> Can't see any special PGP support in those versions.

   There are hooks in 3.92 that can be used to add PGP support. The next
version of premail, 0.44, exploits these hooks. Unfortunately, there's a
bug in Pine 3.93 that prevents it from working correctly. In addition,
the hooks were not made to be MIME-aware, so it only handles vanilla PGP
messages, not PGP/MIME.
   Version 0.44 of premail will be released soon. I have a patch for
Pine, and there are alpha testers who are playing with the code now.

   It's fairly high on my list of priorities to get the integration with
Pine to be really smooth.

Raph

Thread