1996-05-16 - Re: (Fwd) New Anonymous Remailer

Header Data

From: Robin Powell <rpowell@algorithmics.com>
To: dsmith@prairienet.org
Message Hash: 58099a41c7701c35ea109d84f8fcdacf2faccd2c8bdaee1ae96a190f0acfe401
Message ID: <96May15.164558edt.20485@janus.algorithmics.com>
Reply To: <199605151619.LAA21672@cdale1.midwest.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-16 05:42:26 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 13:42:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Robin Powell <rpowell@algorithmics.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 13:42:26 +0800
To: dsmith@prairienet.org
Subject: Re: (Fwd) New Anonymous Remailer

Allow me to be the first ( I hope) to point out stupidity:

				 ^^^^^^^

Do we se a problem here?  No? Then read on...

    > You may be familiar with anon.penet.fi, which give you an
    > anonymous account.

    > Our service allows YOU to choose what the return address will be!

    > Please write for more info.

Well, well, well.  Let's see:
Yes, we are familiar with anon.penet.fi... And all of the better
options available.
Yes, we have pseudonymous accounts.
No, we will not write for more info.  Why not?  Gee, maybe because you
are posting to a group that advocates strong privacy, something that
the US gov't has always frowned upon?  Maybe because you're asking us
to respond to a .mil site with an obviously contrived address?  Are
.mil sites not US military?  I think so.

Where do some people get off?

-Robin
PS: If .mil sites are, in fact, some country code, please ignore this
message and do not propogate the thread.  If you feel you must flame,
send it to me directly.

Thread