1996-05-31 - Re: Possible out-of-US remailer sites, 2nd edition

Header Data

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCri_Kaljundi?= <jk@stallion.ee>
To: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Message Hash: 6b58482b1b2c633028a189096d65f59752c78d1586ee3d423592839c2758084a
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.93.960531131647.2431A-100000@happyman>
Reply To: <01I5C4N7IN5C8Y52T1@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-31 16:06:24 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 00:06:24 +0800

Raw message

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCri_Kaljundi?= <jk@stallion.ee>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 00:06:24 +0800
To: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Subject: Re: Possible out-of-US remailer sites, 2nd edition

 Fri, 31 May 1996, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

>         I would appreciate comment on all aspects of this list. These include:
> additional companies and countries to add; companies or countries to take off
> (international politics & law is not my subject); and suggestions about where
> to look for more (it is quite possible that I did not locate all the lists of
> out-of-US ISPs).

I think you could add Estonia to the list. Although I have not discussed
this with local ISP's, I think running a remailer or nymserver from a Unix
shell account should not be such a big problem. The Internet connection to
the rest of the world is quite good and there are no government
regulations.

MicroLink OnLine (info@online.ee, http://www.online.ee/) has a PPP/Unix
shell account (on Sun Sparc) with 1MB disk space for 170 USD a year or 15
USD a month.  Just pay in advance, they have an on-line registration.

Teleport (info@teleport.ee, http://www.teleport.ee/) is another company,
which has PPP/Unix (on Linux) with 1 MB for 8 USD a month or 96 MB a year.

Jüri Kaljundi
AS Stallion
jk@stallion.ee

Thread