1996-05-24 - Re: National Journal article sez net-activism is just political hicks

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7a5c8ef486bf7efde9706e1cc7bc8f6364f26de32e4f7e6fd8069b0ed3a2a877
Message ID: <199605240208.TAA25747@mail.pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:14:20 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:14:20 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: National Journal article sez net-activism is just political hicks

At 03:31 PM 5/23/96 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>>Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 11:04:50 -0700
>>From: jwarren@well.com (Jim Warren)
>>Subject: National Journal article sez net-activism is just political hicks
>>Sender: owner-fight-censorship@vorlon.mit.edu
>>
>>Tommorrow, Washington's politically-powerful National Journal reportedly
>>will publish a know-nothing piece of "journalism" saying that net-aided
>>politics is essentially nothing but a batch of ineffective, know-nothing
>>nerds and back-water political hacks.

At least we now know that the National Journal hasn't heard of
Cyber-Anarchy--- or they didn't understand one word of it.

>>Check it out on Friday or thereafter -- at www.politicsusa.com -- and
>>forward your *informed* comments to the NJ's Editor and Letters Editor.
>>
>>--jim
>>
>>On the other hand, maybe we ought to just continue escalating our political
>>effectiveness using the net, and let it come as a total shock to the
>>Beltway insiders who trust this piece of misinformed blather ... when we
>>provide more and more swing votes in contested elections -- as already
>>occured with DeFoley8 against ex-Speaker Tom Foley, VTW for now-Senator Ron
>>Wyden, me for now-available Calif legislative data, the gun BBS against
>>ex-Calif Senate Prez Pro Tem David Roberti, etc.  :-)

Slowly but surely, they're learning!

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread