1996-05-04 - Re: Why I dislike Java. (was Re: “Scruffies” vs. “Neats”)

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: perry@piermont.com
Message Hash: 8e29f8f32ac16e36ea45e546c643400cf5063c09dce0e28de8561e97af4bd145
Message ID: <199605032009.NAA22938@netcom16.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199605030038.UAA21763@jekyll.piermont.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-04 05:28:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 13:28:39 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 13:28:39 +0800
To: perry@piermont.com
Subject: Re: Why I dislike Java. (was Re: "Scruffies" vs. "Neats")

Perry, perhaps you might be interested in outlining how
Java designers might incorporate the concept of "defense in
depth" that allows for even buggy implementations to have
security.

again, your criticisms of it sound like they might potentially
be ameliorated by a secure implementation of Java. remember,
Java is a language, not necessarily an implentation. designers
have some way in the way they actually implement the language.
an implementation with the zillions of firewalls or whatever
you are advocating for the financial industry might actually
emerge.

but again, the Java designers never claimed that
"Perry Metzger will be able to use Java in his mission critical
funds transfer application". your ranting against it has decreased
noticably in intensity but I don't think it was ever justified
in the first place.

Thread