1996-05-20 - Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8fd666286737dbf2807961536bc18c5fb212f39b3795aa4314aed750f71e9d55
Message ID: <adc574460d0210046388@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 20:52:27 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 20:52:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

At 6:07 AM 5/20/96, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>        What countries are noticeable for being anti-Scientology? They would
>appear to be good locations for special-purpose remailer ultimate-output ends.

But any country that is "anti-Scientology" is likely to be repressive in
various ways we would find inimical to our goals. Germany is a prime
example: yes, they have placed restrictions on the CoS, but they have also
ordered crackdowns on Internet sites.

Whatever one may think of Scientology, or Catholicism, or Baalism, or
whatever, crackdowns by the government ("anti-Scientology,"
"anti-Catholic," etc.) is not a good thing.

(The issue of how believable the claims of CoS are is no more relevant than
similarly outlandish claims that taking communion is eating the flesh of
JC. And the issue of CoS seeking legal actions against those they claim are
violating their copyrights is separable from their religious status. As I
have said many times, "Newsweek" would likely take similar actions in
similar circumstances.)

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!