1996-05-28 - remail@c2.org Blocked From replay mail2news Gateway

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a34fe9d7bf1fc52fb13bf750df16341f62a814ce1cf662d8a442cc0545327080
Message ID: <199605280420.GAA06863@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:48:51 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:48:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: remail@c2.org Blocked From replay mail2news Gateway

usura@basement.replay.com (Alex de Joode) wrote (to Usenet):

> Anonymous (nobody@flame.alias.net) sez:
> : My alpha.c2.org 'nym suddenly stopped working this weekend.  I
> : haven't changed my reply block, and the only remailer in my reply
> : chain (thus far) is remail@c2.org.  That remailer is used to paste
> : in the Subject:  and Newsgroups:  headers, then the encrypted
> : message is sent to the replay mail2news gateway to be posted in
> : alt.anonymous.messages.
>
> : It used to work, now I'm getting nothing, and I haven't changed
> : anything.  Help!!!!!
>
> : Anyone know why?
>
> Yes, the replay mail2news gateway is currently unavaliable for
> people using the c2.org remailer, this due to the ongoing forging
> of peoples 'from:' headers in sci.med, alt.smoking and the like.
>
> When the mail2news software has been rewritten to be able to
> block on a per newsgroup basis I'll probably remove the block
> on c2.org.
>
> If you need to post you can use the remailer@replay.com and give
> the 'Post-To: ' command, this will preserve the 'From: ' header
> if you want to post under an nym.

%$#&*!!!  (Not directed at you, Alex!)

It wasn't outgoing posts that I was worried about, so much as my
replies that were being posted to alt.anonymous.messages via
alpha.c2.org rather than being chained to me through e-mail.  I
wonder how much (if any) mail I may have lost.  How long has this
embargo been in effect?

Is there any chance (pretty please) that the obviously non-forged
mail from alpha.c2.org to alt.anonymous.messages, such as that with
"nobody@c2.org" in the From:  line, can be unblocked on a one-time
basis, or have they already been consigned to the bit-bucket?

Between this and the antics of the Co$, this has not been a pleasant
weekend.

All I gotta say is XENU XENU XENU!

Thread