1996-05-05 - Re: A MODEST PROPOSAL (fwd)

Header Data

From: Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>
To: stewarts@ix.netcom.com (Bill Stewart)
Message Hash: b4155be4dc6d80ff9b9a29abc1a97f2d4ec8df8ec6bc3997815d6c34868f9122
Message ID: <199605051031.UAA18746@suburbia.net>
Reply To: <199605050754.AAA02842@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-05 13:40:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 21:40:09 +0800

Raw message

From: Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 21:40:09 +0800
To: stewarts@ix.netcom.com (Bill Stewart)
Subject: Re: A MODEST PROPOSAL (fwd)

> At 08:05 PM 5/4/96 EDT, "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@mbcl.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> >	The reason I say majordomo is broken is that it shows up
> > with the address of the original sender, not the address of the list,
> > as the From address. Other mailing list software does not do this.

Majordomo is good for small lists. For anything larger, its lack of heuristics
makes it a real liability. I've converted all my lists over to SmartMail
(with some minor changes to the SmartMail code). If anyone wants a copy let
me know.

--
"I mean, after all;  you have to consider we're only made out of dust.  That's
 admittedly not  much  to  go  on  and  we  shouldn't  forget  that.  But even

Thread