1996-05-21 - Long-Lived Remailers

Header Data

From: “Rev. Mark Grant, ULC” <mark@unicorn.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b4d749d95f02ddfe544332a8be78d15ee3c503d4be8b699646820d37ddf07a5f
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9605201739.A24513-0100000@unicorn.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 15:00:27 +0800

Raw message

From: "Rev. Mark Grant, ULC" <mark@unicorn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 15:00:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Long-Lived Remailers

With regard to the problems of remailers being shut down when we want
long-lived addresses, wouldn't seperating the input and output be one
possibility? That is (like Hal's Alumni remailer) you'd send mail to
'remailer@anon.ai' and it would be forwarded via a disposable account
elsewhere. All messages would appear to come from 'disposable@foo.com' and
if that account was shut down a new one could be opened to replace it
while incoming mail simply backed up at the main remailer account.

The only potential problem I could see would be that the disposable ISP
might have logs which could track the outgoing messages back to the other
account. You'd also obviously need to open the disposable account
anonymously or using an ISP who'd protect your identity.

	Mark

Thread