1996-05-13 - Re: Notes from the SF Physical Cypherpunks meeting

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bce54e1a431feac8b8143242326dd9e332826790d86637f60b1f6564a96210f5
Message ID: <adbbd556010210045a3b@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 17:15:32 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 17:15:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Notes from the SF Physical Cypherpunks meeting

I'd like to thank Martin Minow for his summary of what happened at
yesterday's Bay Area Cypherpunks meeting (note that it was Bay Area, held
at Stanford, not "SF").

Clarifications and corrections are starting to come in, which is fine. But
these clarifications and corrections should not dissuade Martin or anyone
else from doing such summaries.

This meeting was somwhat languid, I think because of the outdoor (and
warm!) location at Tresidder Union at Stanford University...normally our
meetings have been held in the cool corporate environs of Cygnus, Silicon
Graphics, or Sun, but Stanford is the likely meeting place for upcoming
gatherings. (For one thing, an outdoor gathering at Stanford makes it
unnecessary for a corporate type to be there. We are also too big a
group--about 20-40, typically--to meet in a coffee shop or pizza joint.)

For whatever reason, only a handful of such summaries have ever been done
in the three and a half years our group and other groups have been having
physical meetings. (I did a couple, but not for the past couple of years.)

Anyway, well done!

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!