1996-05-28 - Re: Quickremail v1.0b

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: markm@voicenet.com
Message Hash: cbf201829dba7414980423cc7b05deb6d45be6d9e475cac48fa61d5eff0b8786
Message ID: <01I57ILMRZQ08Y503M@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 08:56:25 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 08:56:25 +0800
To: markm@voicenet.com
Subject: Re: Quickremail v1.0b

From:	IN%"markm@voicenet.com"  "Mark M." 27-MAY-1996 12:57:44.84

>On Sun, 26 May 1996, Lance Cottrell wrote:

>> Which remailers does it install?

>Mixmaster, and it gives a choice of either installing the Freedom remailer or
>the remailer code written by Matt Ghio.  It also has support for reorder
>scripts, but I haven't debugged that part yet.

	What are the major differences between the various Mixmaster remailer
codes, especially in terms of the logistics of running a remailer? I'm
particularly interested in aspects related to A. running one by someone not
particularly familiar with UNIX (e.g., me) and B. a remailer accepting/sending
mail only from/to a limited list of addresses (e.g., only other remailers).
	Thanks,
	-Allen

P.S. I'm planning on starting up a remailer, probably on Lance's machine (to
take advantage of his expertise) sometime this summer. I do want to get PGP for
the VAX before then, and the MIT site doesn't appear to have this code.

Thread