1996-05-26 - Re: [SCARE]: “If you only knew what we know…”

Header Data

From: jamesd@echeque.com
To: Simon Spero <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: cfeb13d1586312a689241d545c9929d34a0ba76afa4e069f5130c7ec6c7ece08
Message ID: <199605251729.KAA25537@dns2.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 05:42:07 +0800

Raw message

From: jamesd@echeque.com
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 05:42:07 +0800
To: Simon Spero <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: [SCARE]:  "If you only knew what we know..."

At 09:31 PM 5/23/96 -0400, Simon Spero wrote:
> If I were planning such a briefing I'd probably concentrate on real cases
> that were cracked due to NSA SIGINT - especially terrorist groups
> operating with only limited state sponsorship

This assumes that such cases actually exist.  I imagine if
such a thing ever happened, the NSA would shout it from the
rooftops for the next three hundred years.

Recollect that the trade tower bombers were caught because
they were unclear on the concept of a deposit.  Whenever
terrorists are busted, nobody makes any big secret of how
they were busted.  On the contrary, the newspaper reporters
are in danger of being trampled in the rush to take credit.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread