1996-05-21 - Re: Virtual machines?

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: qut@netcom.com (Dave Harman)
Message Hash: da39f619236c0c8494dfa9b4b6e70638dd99d4dba955f5c7270f2eb217faff17
Message ID: <9605201823.AA00349@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 15:09:23 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 15:09:23 +0800
To: qut@netcom.com (Dave Harman)
Subject: Re: Virtual machines?

On 20 May 96 at 2:32, Dave Harman wrote:

> ! Is there a way to have a remailer de-localize itself and
> ! relocalize itself over the internet?
> !
> ! For example, could there be several machines around the worlds
> ! that, when you send an e-mail to it, is routed to differents
> ! physical places of the world depending on where the actual
> ! remailer process is actually running?  Could there be such a thing
> ! as a virtual machine runing a remailer that gets to hop from
> ! physical machine to physical machine around the world?
> !
> ! Just an idea to avoid jurisdiction problems.

> This is just what crypto remailers do.
> Public key encryption with To: 's encrypted at each hop threading
> through several servors.

Just to let you know: this is *not* what I meant.  I did not speak
of the location of the message, but of the location of the
*remailer* itself.

 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee; Limoges porcelain, silverware and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants;  physists, technologists and engineers.

 PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
 ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891
 Unsollicited commercial e-mail will be proofread at US165 $/h
 Any sender of such material will be considered as to have ac-
 cepted the above mentionned terms.

Thread