1996-05-04 - Re: PICS & CyberAngels

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Message Hash: dc28a5722515c8fb84ba5a1b4ac01ddf31542b09a25524bddee9c695ba26b71f
Message ID: <YlWsKRC00YUzIAZLln@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <01I4A3GEC4UU8Y56P8@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-04 22:00:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 06:00:19 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 06:00:19 +0800
To: EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Subject: Re: PICS & CyberAngels

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 3-May-96 PICS & CyberAngels by "E.
ALLEN SMITH"@ocelot.
>         In view of the discussion of the possibility of PICS being required
> by law, plus that about the CyberAngels, I thought people might find it
> interesting that the CyberAngels home page has on it as one of their
> "responsibilities" making sure that all pages with sexual content - that
> pornography fetish again - have PICS or other (such as Safesurf...) ratings
> that would permit censorship of them.

Indeed. Under SafeSurf, I've rated the fight-censorship mailing list
archive site as suitable for all ages, which I believe it is, though the
CyberAngels think otherwise. I wonder what will happen now? SafeSurf is
supposedly sending me "an end-user license agreement" to sign...

-Declan

Thread