1996-05-19 - Re: The Crisis with Remailers

Header Data

From: loki@infonex.com (Lance Cottrell)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dfec4ab485ce1efaca08db86a2a1799ddfed7156cc9295c9d5dc26fb143b6f74
Message ID: <adc3d6d50602100495f2@[206.170.115.3]>
Raw Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 09:11:42 +0800

Raw message

From: loki@infonex.com (Lance Cottrell)
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 09:11:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Crisis with Remailers

At 8:37 PM 5/15/96, Timothy C. May wrote:
>We used to discuss remailer architecture, topology, functionality, and
>"ideal behavior" quite a bit a few years ago, but seldom do here on the
>Cypherpunks list anymore. Various reasons: same old discussions,
>commercialization of Mixmaster-type remailers (so I hear, and Lance
>Cottrell can clarify this if this is indeed a factor) may be inhibiting
>free discussion of planned features, and perhaps the discussion is going on
>elsewhere (on remailerpunks, or the remailer operator's list).

The commercialization of Mixmaster fell through some time ago. It is back
to being completely free of encumberments. A second implementation is also
in the works (by a better programmer than I).

        -Lance

Lance Cottrell   loki@obscura.com
PGP 2.6 key available by finger or server.
Mixmaster, the next generation remailer, is now available!
http://www.obscura.com/~loki/Welcome.html or FTP to obscura.com

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
                        --Nietzsche