1996-05-16 - Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

Header Data

From: Josh Richards <jrichard@slonet.org>
To: Be Good <qut@netcom.com>
Message Hash: e4bc8fd6b0aa003d3b02d8788da126803fc1f835df95d6847d83739126e8396a
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.93.960515090626.3150C-100000@spork.callamer.com>
Reply To: <199605150708.AAA26485@netcom16.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-16 01:24:22 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 09:24:22 +0800

Raw message

From: Josh Richards <jrichard@slonet.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 09:24:22 +0800
To: Be Good <qut@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Be Good wrote:

> The remailer capacity is quite underdone, there aren't really
> that many remailer servers out there.  Only TWO servers outside
> the US.  Only ONE server making direct posts to netnews.  And
> what, two or three nym servers?  Obviously this is severe
> undercapacity and we need to start up MUCH more servers and
> FAST, ESPECIALLY in foriegn countries.
[..]

> I'm CLUELESS about this stuff, I'd love to help, at least by
> distributing code and exact intructions to make it as easy
> as possible to encourage clueless types to start it up.
>
> So what is the expense of setting up a full-featured server
> like hacktic?  Mr. Graves should start up a new server, and
> tcmay is rich, so he has no excuse.

Exactly.  I'd like to here some remarks from people who have ran remailers
regarding what kind of bend it has put on their bandwidth and servers.  I
just happen to Admin. several servers on the other side of a leased
line...

Josh Richards (jrichard@slonet.org) (jrichard@fix.net)
SLO Street Tech Development (Computer Services)
<URL:http://www.fix.net/jrichard>

Thread