1996-05-01 - Re: no-cost DH?

Header Data

From: Wei Dai <weidai@eskimo.com>
To: Ted Garrett <teddygee@visi.net>
Message Hash: e7d807f263b1224e6379796616c1ccb7e1f16dc718caf05d79c33c9bb8d74895
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960501000301.3114A-100000@eskimo.com>
Reply To: <199605010614.CAA18159@london.visi.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-01 10:40:40 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 18:40:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Wei Dai <weidai@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 18:40:40 +0800
To: Ted Garrett <teddygee@visi.net>
Subject: Re: no-cost DH?

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Ted Garrett wrote:

> Sorry, Perry.  This time you are wrong.  Cylink is giving away their
> Passport Gold SDK (Security Development Kit).  Period.  I've just recieved
> the documentation on the SDK itself, and am expecting shipment of the SDK
> itself about the middle of May.

I found some more information about this on Cylink's web site.  Check out
http://www.cylink.com/products/security/passport/.  I'm surprised not to
have seen more publicity about this, since it seems to be a fairly big
move on Cylink's part.

Apparently Cylink is only licensing their SDK at no cost, not the actual
patents.  Does anyone want to speculate on why they are doing this now?

Wei Dai

Thread