1996-05-21 - Re: The Crisis with Remailers

Header Data

From: Matts Kallioniemi <matts@pi.se>
To: bryce@digicash.com
Message Hash: f9803ef70e2e9aab14c2b941a758404d5a81b4c8cfb05d7ffc9028d4c77b07b6
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960521175237.0036cc44@mail.pi.se>
Raw Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 07:12:25 +0800

Raw message

From: Matts Kallioniemi <matts@pi.se>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 07:12:25 +0800
To: bryce@digicash.com
Subject: Re: The Crisis with Remailers

At 17:44 1996-05-21 +0200, bryce@digicash.com wrote:
>Matts, you don't want to do floating point for money, because
>floating point doesn't give you good control of precision.

Yes I do. Several major currency traders in Sweden keep all
their money in 64 bit floating point storage. I think that DigiCash
will go floating point (get real?) when you start doing currency.
If you sell 1 DEM, you don't want to get paid in cents, you want
to get paid in 10-15 decimal places. That's where the currency
action is right now, and before Ecash(tm) is fully deployed we'll
probably see traders going for 15-20 decimal places. Floating
point is the way to do it, but are your accountants ready for it?

>Keep in mind that only Ecash(tm) Mints can create Ecash(tm)
>coins and choose what values the coins have.

Sorry, I thought that the client created the coins and the mint
just signed them. I guess I should go back to RTFAPI.

Regards,

Matts

Thread