1996-06-09 - Re: Electronic Signatures

Header Data

From: nCognito@rigel.cyberpass.net (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 01228a23d56e8b12283662dabcf2dc038438e6dba752488b6450da9e23fa0e21
Message ID: <199606082036.NAA25594@rigel.infonex.com>
Reply To: <19960607141610.13186.qmail@ns.crynwr.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-09 00:04:15 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 08:04:15 +0800

Raw message

From: nCognito@rigel.cyberpass.net (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 08:04:15 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Signatures

> Michael Froomkin writes:
>
>  > >  > 	The law does not specify how an electronic document must be
>  > >  > signed, but Barassi and others say it probably will mean coding the text
>  > >  > and typed signature so they cannot be changed by anyone other than the
>  > >  > writer.
>  >
>  > Before you get all hot under the collar, may I note that I've known
>  > Barassi for more than a year, and he is very technically sophisticated.
>  > Allow for some reporter-garble.   Barassi understands digital signatures
>  > as well as you do.

I suppose that I'll have to trust you on this score, and hope that you're
correct.  Unfortunately, however, even if you are correct, it doesn't
mean that the law that eventually makes it through commitee will provide
any useful guidelines. <shrug> But this thread has decended to noizes, so
I'm out.

Adios..

Thread