1996-06-10 - Re: Gore’s speech writers

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 21fbfe315ab7a44949df31eada40f8f1f779ffa04dc4ea7f23b6cea8ec2fa0da
Message ID: <4lizxrC00YUy41ClsW@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <ade0d4f70b021004dfaf@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-10 15:00:28 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:00:28 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:00:28 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Gore's speech writers

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 9-Jun-96 Gore's speech writers by
Timothy C. May@got.net
> I read an interesting op-ed piece about how wonderful Bob Dole's
> resignation-from-the-Senate speech was, about how resonant and thoughtful
> it was. But the piece went on to point out that the speech was
> "un-Dole-like." Turns out it was written by Mark Helprin, a former WSJ
> writer and current novelist. Dole is just a typical politician.

I've been a fan of Helprin's short stories for a number of years -- he
is a beautiful writer and talented wordsmith. Helprin can make a
paragraph get up, get down, and do the fandango.

If anything is going to give Dole a competitive edge during this
campaign, it's Mark Helprin.

-Declan

Thread