1996-06-11 - Kahn’s “The CodeBreakers”

Header Data

From: “Brad Shantz” <bshantz@nwlink.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 29c8c796b1c7f3c00544171c0905a8bd59b61464080e8dcf699a1e0f37008291
Message ID: <199606101738.KAA11362@montana.nwlink.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 08:35:11 +0800

Raw message

From: "Brad Shantz" <bshantz@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 08:35:11 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Kahn's "The CodeBreakers"

C-Punks,

Just as an interesting side note.....

I got lucky this weekend and found a First Edition copy of David
Kahn's "The Code Breakers" at a little bookstore in Port Townsend,
Washington.  WHAT A SHOCK!!!  Anyway, I snagged it for $25.00.
 The cover has been laminated (library style,
not card style) and it is in excellent condition.

For those wondering what the significance of Port Townsend is...well,
there is none.  It is, however, the location of Fort Worden which is
where "An Officer and a Gentleman" was filmed.  (Major piece of
military history, isn't it?)

Anyway, if any one is looking for a copy, mine is not for sale, but
the owner of the store said that she has seen copies come through every
now and again.  (Not necessarily First Ed's)  If you are interested
in getting in touch with the store, let me know.

Please use my work address,

brads@trisource.com

Brad Shantz
TRIsource Windows Development Services