1996-06-11 - Re:

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: “Igor Chudov @ home” <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: 38756fdb0f0645d5c6eb0fb8bb9777533a58db386760321a099ac955111a426c
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960610205205.922M-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <199606082209.RAA19856@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-11 08:48:47 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:48:47 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:48:47 +0800
To: "Igor Chudov @ home" <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re:

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> jim bell wrote:
> >
> > While I appreciate your...uh...appreciation, let me remind you that part of
> > my "pronouncements" are that the current political and social system is
> > are in "the best interests of the inhabitants of this nation" is still an
> > open question, and many people have agreed with me on this matter.
> Since corrupt officials are likely to have more anonymous cash that
> phreedom phighters, guess who will win.

	There are more phreedom phighters, and their assets aren't as
public as the officials.

> Also, think about this: lots of people have someone they'd like
> to assassinate but do not actually do it because of lack of anonymity
> and associated hassles (like dealing with assassins non-anonymously,
> abundance of traces, possible confession of the assassin and so on).

	Most people don't kill because they have a built in psychological
block (call it morals if you wish) against killing in cold blood. This is
what makes people like snipers so puzzling and in some sense romantic to
the average person. They _can't_ at a deep level consider calmly and
dispassonately blowing anothers brains all over the wall. Most murders in
this country are either down in the heat of passion, by psychotics/
sociopaths or by professionals, who usually fall into one of the previous
catagories.

	It is almost ridicoulously simple to kill someone in a relatively
untraceable fashion. Any person of average intelligence can do a little
research (say about 3 hours at a decent (non-chicago) library) and spend
an hour or two in thought and come up with a way to target a non- to
moderately public figure with out getting caught.
	I can give you 4 right off the top of my head that have a
reasonable chance of sucess, and very little chance of discovery.

	People like *A* president, or similar high profile fiugre would be
much tougher target, but by no means impossible.

	Contracting with a "professional killer" is really very silly as I
would bet many of them are unreliable and untrustworthy (outside of
Mafia/Gang related killers--they are (IANAE) more like soldiers, doing it
for "country"-- than freelance assians.) There may be professional hitmen
that are reliable, but they tend to be out of the price range of normal
people.

	Life ain't TV.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>