1996-06-08 - Re:

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4a5d75185a16cdade63d336c2e015375dbe966e086919c8aa9c265e1387fdf32
Message ID: <199606081816.LAA24268@mail.pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 06:16:11 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 06:16:11 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:

At 05:38 PM 6/8/96 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

>Read the entire quote by Donne.  *...any man's death diminishes me, because
I am involved in mankind;...*  By protecting Bell's right to speak what he
thinks, we serve as an example to the rest of the world of what personal
freedom really means. *Those crazy Americans*

>Bell gives me the opportunity to say that his pronouncements are
antithetical to the best interests of the _inhabitants_ of this nation, not
simply the government itself.

>Thank you, Jim.

While I appreciate your...uh...appreciation, let me remind you that part of
my "pronouncements" are that the current political and social system is
sick.  Many people around here seem to agree with this assessment.  What I
advocate is a comparatively simple change in the rules that could have the
effect of vastly changing the way things are done.  Whether these changes
are in "the best interests of the inhabitants of this nation" is still an
open question, and many people have agreed with me on this matter.

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread