1996-06-15 - Inside Currents

Header Data

From: newslett@compcurr.com
To: maillist@mail.compcurr.com
Message Hash: 4c0f0325711c06b5d1189c933381d3ba1fa37986fe6403443a6a2db6afd30aae
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960613194159.006b5610@mail.compcurr.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 11:34:08 +0800

Raw message

From: newslett@compcurr.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 11:34:08 +0800
To: maillist@mail.compcurr.com
Subject: Inside Currents

Inside Currents
Vol 1, No. 4
June 13, 1996

CONTENTS:

*Computer Encyclopedia & Computer Accessories, now two of your favorite
 destinations
*CCI Members Talent Bank
*CCI show schedule
*Used/refurbished equipment
*Take our ISP survey and win a 28.8 modem.
*Tons of free software available on CCI
*Small business resources
*Chat and forums coming soon!
*We list resources for nine major metro areas
*We need more user group listings...and articles, too.

Computer Encyclopedia & Computer Accessories are the fastest growing
destinations on CCI.  If you haven't checked 'em out yet, see why others
flock there. You can download a free WebPhone and browse the Computer
Encyclopedia at
http://www.currents.net/market/accessories/accessories.html

Check out the Members' Gallery and follow the path to creating your own
space on the web -- free.  Also create an on-line Resume and be a part of
the CCI Members' Talent Bank.  Both pages are freely accessible by other
CCI Members and the outside world alike (follow the instructions when creating
your page(s) to obtain your personal URL).

 http://www.currents.net/general/member/pages/gallery.html
 http://www.currents.net/general/member/resume/talent.html

1996 show schedule for CCI.  Stop by our booth and let us know
how we're doing:

 *Online Expo, Concourse Expo Center, San Francisco, July 11-13
 *Web.X at PC Expo, Javits Center, NY, June 18-20
 *Online Expo, NY Coliseum, Sept 5-7
 *Internet Expo, Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Oct 16-17
 *Online Expo, LA Convention Center, Oct 24-26
 *Comdex, Las Vegas, Nov 18-22
 *Internet World, Javits Center, Dec 11-13

Used or refurbished equipment could be the way to go, especially
considering how fast the technology changes.  Look for a new
used/refurbished equipment buying service here in a few weeks.

Ten people will be selected at random from those who complete the ISP
survey to win the top-rated DeskPorte 28.8S external modem from Microcom.
Plus, you'll get the warm fuzzies knowing you helped us inform others
about who's performing up to snuff, and who isn't.

http://www.currents.net/ispsurvey.html

Our Download area is growing by leaps and bounds with tons of  Mac and PC
shareware and freeware. Check it out at

http://www.currents.net/resources/download.html

Small business owners and start-ups should look at our Small Business
Resources area for help in everything from funding to management recruitment.
Why reinvent the wheel when their is so much info at your disposal? Small
Business Resources are at

http://www.currents.net/resources/smbus.html

Stay tuned--chat and forums coming soon!
We're planning on establishing forums based on, but not limited to,
Technical Support such as:

    Internet Help
    Windows 95
    Windows NT
    Macintosh

You've read the cover story, now go to Regions to discover what's going on
in major metro regions around the country [such as]: Northern California,
Southern California, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Atlanta, Boston &
New York at

http://www.currents.net/magazine/regional/regional.html

Belong to a user group that's not listed in our User Group area?  Have
your User Group SYSOP list your group with us online at

http://www.currents.net/community/userg.html

We're looking for more (free) professionally-written editorial in almost
every category and application of personal and business computing that we
can add to our web site.  If you're interested, contact: Mike McDonnell
at mmc@compcurr.com

Feedback, feedback, feedback.  Please tell us how we're doing, and what
you'd like to see on our site in the future.

http://www.currents.net/general/feedbac.html

Thread