1996-06-12 - Re: Slander of Catholic Church

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Message Hash: 58872720540ac87b3d0b946e62b87fc565d8adc2239f55f507b4801510212290
Message ID: <199606111758.KAA04717@primenet.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:19:49 +0800

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:19:49 +0800
To: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Subject: Re: Slander of Catholic Church

Addressed to: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
              Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
              Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
              Paul Penrod <furballs@netcom.com>

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Paul Penrod <furballs@netcom.com> wrote:
= On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Timothy C. May <tcmay@got.net> wrote:

	<snip>...
=>
=> --Cardinal Timothy May
=>
=> (Who believes all cults and religions are basically the same shuck and
=> jive, and who thinks the "Church of Scientology" is actually a little bit
=> less foolish that the Church of Mormon, with its "baptism of dead
=                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
= It's The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
=
= If your going to criticize it, at least get the name right.
=
= > ancestors" into the Church,

	the concept is easy once you consider the sanctity of eternal "life"
    and the relation of the spirit.  the principle is in the gospels of the
    disciples in numerous places.

= the funny underwear people have to secretly
= ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
= Do you wear yours on the outside like Madonna?
=
= > wear, etc. However, I have great respect for the practical tactics of
= > the Mormons, and no respect for the day to day behavior of the CoS.)
= >
= >
	actually, I am curious as to when Tim wore his set of "funny
    underwear"   sounds like a good topic for the Cypherpunk Enquirer!

=
= Frankly, I think this discussion needs to be put back into
= alt.flame.the.religion.of.your.choice. It's bad enough to watch a
= discussion on anonymous transactions devolve into useless drivel on whale
= ownership and the questionable philisophical ruminations of a Piled
= Higher and Deeper, without flinging this prarrie muffin on the pile too.
=
= ....Paul

** Reply to note from Moroni <moroni@scranton.com> 06/11/96

= Tim ,
=           You should stick to your own religion and not criticize other
= peoples. It is unforunate that the esteem that I once felt for you is
= dwindling because of your anti-Mormon trash. Perhaps you do not realise
= that some people take more than an academic interest in their religion
= ;this is unforunate . It is pitiful. You are becoming the ugly
= American that foreigners hate; always having an opinion about everything.
=                                moroni

	too strong, moroni  --remember _our_ values; not those of a critic.
    last night in FHE I covered the first mob in Jackson County where Bushop
    Partridge turned the other cheek to make it easier after the first was
    tarred by the mob.

--
The result of today's 'government'
  is new world disorder, unfolding at warp velocity.

Thread