1996-06-29 - No Subject

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 65f0b7599a968fa0f82147dc5300db2a6b0b6946289dcc521e1a4609042594d5
Message ID: <199606290306.FAA23041@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 13:55:31 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 13:55:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

declan@well.com (Declan McCullagh) spake thus and so:

>WASHINGTON, DC -- With no fanfare and no hype, the Justice Department
>yesterday faxed a 39-word statement to Senator Exon saying they will
>appeal their loss in the Philadelphia case.
>
>The consolidated lawsuits of ACLU v. Reno and ALA v. DoJ resulted in a
>victory for the plaintiffs earlier this month after a three-judge panel
>granted a preliminary injunction preventing the DoJ from enforcing the
>Communications Decency Act.

Sounds like a case of "political testicles in a vise." This smells like
an election-year maneuver so the Clinton administration can maintain its
faade. (After all, who wants to be called "soft on the protection of
children"?) By the time it's finally settled, the Congresscritters will
have been re-elected and can go merrily back to perverting the
Constitution.

So how'd we wind up having to choose between *these* two yahoos for
President? :-)

Thread