1996-06-27 - Re: AT&T bans anonymous messages

Header Data

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@armory.com>
To: Richard Todd <rmtodd@servalan.servalan.com>
Message Hash: 7a70f86212bb73e0358a9a75ee0940d741775c9e1eb8cbdabeb420fb857de557
Message ID: <9606270123.aa12416@deepthought.armory.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 19:33:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@armory.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 19:33:40 +0800
To: Richard Todd <rmtodd@servalan.servalan.com>
Subject: Re: AT&T bans anonymous messages

Richard Todd said:
> Um, you don't read news.admin.net-abuse.misc, do you?  The first few spams
> from worldnet have already happened, and from the reports I've seen on there,
> the response from worldnet's posthamster has been pretty much nonexistent.
> It apparently doesn't help that the 'postmaster' mailbox has a quota just
> like the other mailboxen on the system, so every time someone does spam
> from worldnet, half the complaint mail to postmaster bounces.

You guys wouldn't believe what a mogolian clusterfuck Worldnet is.  When is
the physical C'punks meeting at SGI?  I'll be in the bay in a few hours and
around the EFF office and the SAFE conference at Stanford Monday.  Worldnet
software is invasive as hell.  Installations on boxes running Win95 with a
PCI bus, plug and play BIOS and the I/O on the motherboard have IRQ's and
interupts overwritten to the point the box locks and won't even boot anymore.
Speaking of SGI, TCI, (John Malone), just bought $25,000,000.00 worth of
their boxes...
--
According to John Perry Barlow:                       *What is EFF?*
"Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker." *email <info@eff.org>*

Thread