1996-06-18 - Re: SafE Mail Corporation

Header Data

From: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Message Hash: 9bc9d5a84e554243ecc0227cadda49b818c255fcdfbc726446fa93c29dd9562e
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960618032754.22996A-100000@netcom3>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960618002536.007510d8@popmail.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-18 08:52:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 16:52:39 +0800

Raw message

From: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 16:52:39 +0800
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Subject: Re: SafE Mail Corporation

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

	<< Somebody else wrote the first two lines >>

> >We would like someone to be able or should I say try and
> >crack our encryption. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

	With a 22 character public key
	One way hash function
	50 Kb/second encryption

> "Attention `Hackers'" they said if you crack their
> unbreakable SafE Mail code, you get 5 free copies of ...

	I didn't get that far -- the above lines convinced
	me that it was hype.

	Especially their errors about PGP --- if they can't quote
	their competition correctly, I can only assume that their own
	data about their program is equally misrepresented.

> SafE Mail!  Oh, that's a really primo prize, broken

	The free demo costs $40.00 for shipping and handling
	+ sales tax.   << Wish I could remember the exact wording
	of the statute that states what reasonable shipping and
	handling charges are -- I suspect this exceeds them. >>

> Since cracking their encryption is IMPOSSIBLE, I suggest
> they make the stakes interesting--$100,000, or hell, a cool
> million.  After all, it's unbreakable.  It's not like they

	An insurance policy from Lloyds of London will
	probably cost them less than that, and will pay out
	more than that , when they do pay it out.

        xan

        jonathon
        grafolog@netcom.com

Thread