1996-06-05 - Re: cycle market

Header Data

From: droelke@rdxsunhost.aud.alcatel.com (Daniel R. Oelke)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b64153c0c706d56af00c2e1f8d3087291815a1ee76da924224c1afa900d65afa
Message ID: <9606042028.AA08650@spirit.aud.alcatel.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:11:43 +0800

Raw message

From: droelke@rdxsunhost.aud.alcatel.com (Daniel R. Oelke)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:11:43 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: cycle market

> I was trying to think what I would use a cycle market for.  The
> only thing that I wait for more than a minute on currently is
> compiling.

Just try doing some large graphical operations - especially
raytracing/rendering type stuff, or heavy graphical analysis
of a set of image data.  Fractal drawing falls in this realm as well.
Then try doing some ASIC simulation, or finite element analysis.

In this group it also goes without saying that there are also things
like factoring large numbers that a cycle market would be ideal for.

Dan
Dan Oelke                                  Alcatel Network Systems
droelke@aud.alcatel.com                             Richardson, TX

Thread