1996-06-18 - Re:

Header Data

From: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
To: ichudov@algebra.com
Message Hash: bfdf9e04b94aa05b7543f20d75c7165b709faa9c213d32c62975317d252480c1
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9606171910.C20059-0100000@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <199606082209.RAA19856@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-18 06:40:35 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:40:35 +0800

Raw message

From: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:40:35 +0800
To: ichudov@algebra.com
Subject: Re:

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996 ichudov@algebra.com wrote:

> Since corrupt officials are likely to have more anonymous cash that
> phreedom phighters, guess who will win.
>
> Also, think about this: lots of people have someone they'd like
> to assassinate but do not actually do it because of lack of anonymity
> and associated hassles (like dealing with assassins non-anonymously,
> abundance of traces, possible confession of the assassin and so on).
> With your assassination clearinghouse these hassles go away. I think it
> would present an excellent prospect for reducing the population.

I could see an easy possibility for sting operations with the added
feature that you can have assassinated all the supected assassins (ie anybody
that may have come near whatever surveillance there may have been).
Why bother with courts and trials?

I still think assassination politics is self-terminating.

> Maybe *that* will help the whales and trees, because of the effect on demand.

Don't you mean supply? Stores and physical companies are easier to target
than consumers. But the only remaining environmentalists or for that
matter any other people with strong views will be net-based pseudonyms.
Usenet flamewars, editorials and talk shows just don't seem dying for, imho.

Thread