1996-06-11 - Re: Gore opposes unwarranted’’ Internet censorship

Header Data

From: shabbir@vtw.org (Shabbir J. Safdar)
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Message Hash: c45f5ea3784229b6a21046b8ca0366cbec734e722c1ea01cd3906af8fcb11b1b
Message ID: <199606101855.OAA29891@panix4.panix.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 12:29:24 +0800

Raw message

From: shabbir@vtw.org (Shabbir J. Safdar)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 12:29:24 +0800
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: Gore opposes unwarranted'' Internet censorship

We should not cut the Administration slack on the basis of some
carefully spun comment by Al Gore's handlers.

We're going to win this one for ourselves.  The fact that the White House
has begun the process of backing away from their own case through ol' Al
should not, and will not, change my mind.

If you're going to give them credit for anything, give them credit for
directing the Justice dept. to state that they were opposed to Exon's
ideas very early on in the game.  (even if that position became amazingly
low profile when faced with the certainty of the rest of the telecomm bill)

-Shabbir J. Safdar * Online Representative * Voters Telecomm. Watch (VTW)
 http://www.vtw.org/ * Defending Your Rights In Cyberspace

Mike McNally writes:
>Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:
>>
>> Sounds good but I had to laugh when I heard it... is he at odds with
>> other members of the administration, or is this rhetoric?
>
>Good cop, bad cop.

>Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * pain is inevitable
>       m5@tivoli.com * m101@io.com          *
>      <URL:http://www.io.com/~m101>         * suffering is optional

Thread